Tuesday, October 27, 2009






It has officially been 6 weeks since Lily has come into our lives. Hard to believe, in a good way. We have been very busy chasing a toddler around, trying to keep up with her. We have been to MANY doctors appointments for her upcoming surgery. She is scheduled for her palate repair November 3rd. One week from today, actually. We are nervous but realize it needs to be done. Her surgeon comes highly recommended by many. I am mostly nervous about her recovery period. She has to be on full liquids for 1 week post op. Then a "soft diet" for 5 more weeks. Of course we are worried about pain management but somehow I think food is going to be her issue. She still loves to eat! She has gained 3 pounds in 6 weeks. Truly amazing.

We are going to lay low for the next week before her surgery. I am so scared she will get sick before surgery and we will have to cancel. There is so much crap going around right now. I actually have been sick for a week. A mild flu, I think. Stomach issues, sore throat, aches. Mild, but I just don't feel right. I am praying no one else gets it. Super good hand washing going on in this household right now.

Lily continues to do great. She is happy, silly and loves to laugh most of the time. It is so cute. She is so full of life. She really is a character. She still loves to put on her "performances" for everyone. Her stage is the fireplace hearth. She stands on it and sings, hips swaying and hands clapping. This little girl can make you laugh. Lily's favorite thing right now is Dora the explorer. Dora was one of the first words she learned to say in English. She has Dora pajamas and wants to wear them every night.

I have to return to work at the end of November. Right after Thanksgiving. While we were in China I technically got laid off from work. I found out that little tidbit of information when we landed in Newark, NJ on our LONG journey home. I am a NICU nurse and the NICU I work in is down sizing. Nine of us got laid off. We were able to take other positions in the hospital that were available. So...... long story short, I still have a job, just in pediatrics, not NICU. I have mixed feelings about it. I LOVE the NICU. I have worked in a NICU for 17 years. I don't want to do anything else. BUT........... the bills have to be paid. So off to work I go at the end of November to pediatrics. It will be ok for now. My main focus is our family and the adjustments we are going through right now. Once I get the work routine down I may look for another NICU job. Right now I cant even imagine having to deal with resumes and interviewing for a new job. I will give pediatrics a try for a while and then decide what to do. For now though we need to get through Lily's surgery then adjust to my work schedule. I only work part time, two night shifts a week. We will adjust and manage. Hopefully well. Praying for an easy adjustment.

I will update again around surgery time. I plan on bringing my laptop to the hospital so I can update everyone on Lily's surgery. Positive thoughts and many prayers please!!








2 comments:

  1. Praying for a smooth surgery and recovery time for Lily! Also for a new job and/or contentment in ped's for you! Our dossier is heading to Haiti in a couple of weeks! :D Filling out the I600A this week....then we wait... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we're praying here for our sweet sweet Lily.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones