Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So much to say.............

I don't know where to begin. So much has happened in the past month. I am at a loss of how to start this post. I guess I will start with what has consumed us emotionally this last month. Anthony's Mom (Nickie) passed away unexpectedly on February 28th. She has lived with us for the past 12 years, ever since our oldest child was 5 months old. She was an intricate part of our family and helped us raise our children. She was a wonderful person and will be missed immensely.

As I write this, tears stream down my face (a frequent occurrence this last month). It is still very hard to imagine our household without her. Reality hasn't quite sunk in yet. I still feel she will walk around the corner and kiss one of my children or share an amazing meal she has prepared. I miss her laugh. I miss her ridiculous gossip. I just miss her. I won't claim to have had a perfect relationship with her. The relationship I did have with her was a nice one though. We knew each other very well after living together for 12 years. We were respectful of one another. Anthony and I always said if we had to make the decision over again to have her live with us we would without hesitation. She was a wonderful grandmother to our children. That is Priceless. Our older children will always have those wonderful memories of living so closely to her (physically and emotionally). I thanked her for that. We just wish Lily could have had those memories too.

Her in-law apartment is left untouched. Her place mat is still on the table. Her bed is still turned down for the night. Her clothes are still in the dryer. The thought of her not being there makes me cry every time. I am hoping time will help heal our broken hearts. We miss her so much.

I need to get myself together here. My children will be off the bus momentarily. So much else has happened since Nickie's passing. I will share soon with the next post.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori & Anthony,

    We are so sorry to hear of Anthony's mom's passing. Losing a loved one is never easy.

    Hugs from the Roth's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were there to give you a huge hug! We love you guys and continue to pray for peace for all of you.

    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori,
    I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. Your family is in my thoughts in prayers.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori. Your post is so heartfelt, honest, and real. You have a lovely way of writing, telling the good stuff, but not sugar coating the challenges.
    I know that part of your loss is for Lily - not having her in the future. I'm so sorry. I, too, felt the same pangs during the adoption process (not a mother in law...but...).
    Just know that you're in our prayers.
    Hugs,
    Vicki and Emily
    Meizhou Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,

    This is a beautifully written, heartfelt post about our Mother. And although it made me very sad to read it, I also found strength in it. Thank you!

    Mom loved you too, Lori. The moment she met you she felt you were the perfect girl for Anthony. She admired the way you raised and nurtured your children. She admired your strong worth ethic; on a more shallow and vapid note (she thought you had a beautiful smile and teeth. Mom was obsessed with straight teeth). She cherished the fact that you are a devoted and loving wife to Anthony. Together you made a beautiful life for one another and are absolutely devoted to Gavin, Sophie, and now all the way from across the ocean lovely Lily.

    Even if you did not agree with something she said or did, you always had a quiet respectfulness in your approach to her.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences. You are all in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones