Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guess what we did today?

Notice anything?


Lily got her ears pierced! She has been talking about earrings and asking for them for some time now. We were at the mall today to meet my very pregnant sister for lunch (due last Saturday) and as we walked by the ear piercing booth Lily saw the earrings. That was it. Spur of the moment piercing. I forewarned her as best as I could about the simultaneous "pinch" to her earlobes. She cried briefly, 30 seconds. The lady said the word lollipop and Lily stopped crying instantly and she was all smiles. She is so proud of her new jewels. She likes to call them her "diamonds".

It's funny how young ear piercing brings out very strong opinions in people. Some feel it is the beginning of outlandish behavior. Me, well I just think you have to pick your battles. As far as the outlandish behavior, well I think that doesn't have anything to do with earrings.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! We are hoping to get Madison's done soon too! We did Sammie's when she was about 1.5 years old.

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    The Roth Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful!!!! I love her her cute little earrings! And for the record I had my ears pierced when I was less than a week old! And no that is not a typo! Guess I am outlandish!!! :)
    xoxo, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute. Such a brave girl....my girl isn't ready yet...she is 5 1/2. I wish she would be ready soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! SuSu asked me just the other day about getting her ears pierced and I was nervous to let her do it because I was afriad of it hurting her too much. Amazing that your little one only cried a few seconds. Maybe SuSu IS ready after all:)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones