Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Pictures of Lily

This week I have "talked" with 3 families that have recently adopted children from the very same orphanage where Lily is. How amazing! The orphanage seems to be a small one. It appears very well kept from the pictures I have seen. Most importantly, the families I have spoken with feel that their daughters have all been very well cared for and loved. One family even had pictures to share. Thank you Tracy! She emailed me some pictures and we think Lily is in one of them! She would be about 15 months old in the picture. It is amazing that I have found these families that have a link to Lily. Our daughters know each other. They are in the pictures together. Tracy has given us something so priceless. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have also corresponded with Brian Stuy this week (The finding ad guy). He actually has Lily's finding ad photo. He is sending us the actual newspaper that her ad is in. I can not wait to receive it. Hopefully it will be here the beginning of next week. For those of you who do not know, China has to place a "finding ad" in the newspaper with a picture of the child that has been abandoned to see if the parents will claim them before they can be legally put up for adoption.

All these links to Lily have made the time pass a little faster and easier. It has already been almost a month since we received her referral. Come on China, we are still waiting for that darn LOSC!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good news and pictures makes a heart less weary. Hopefully that LOSC is coming soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori!

    I am a fellow Homeland person--I don't post very often, but I suddenly noticed that we are on the exact same timeline--and that, like you, we aren't adopting from one of the XIngfu orphanages, and I wanted to get in touch! We were PA 3/12 (and the referral must have been the same day).
    I have been all over the timelines and I think--hope--that you are too pessimistic! Outside the Xingfu program I see waits from PA to LOA in the 5-7 week range all over the place, especially recently! So I hope, hope that we will be in the same place.
    I don't really have an active blog for this, but email me anytime--lolagnola@gmail.com.

    I am kind of figuring out the blog thing. I have one, but, well, I havn't figured out to handle the public aspect!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones