Friday, March 20, 2009

Orphanage Picture

I am in the process of joining a yahoo group for families who have or are adopting from the same orphanage where Lily is. I can not wait to "talk" with families that have some knowledge of this orphanage. Sometimes other families will have info about your child because their children are the same age and in the same "group" as your child. It will be comforting to learn anything about Lily's life right now. When you do not really have much to go on, any little piece of info that links to her is precious. I did find a picture of the orphanage where she is. I found it on someones blog who has already adopted from Lily's orphanage. I just stare at the picture and imagine Lily in the window. It is so surreal that she is in that building. I know what the building looks like but we are half way around the world. I just want her to know we are trying our hardest to get to her. Hold on Lily, we are coming!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will hold her much sooner than you think. Praying for a speedy process from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy.
    I adopted last Sept. from that very orphanage. There is much to say...all good. Email me privately and I'll send you my phone number. We can chat.
    Here are some other blogs of folks who adopted all w/in about 3 weeks of each other:
    Emily - my little girl
    http://www.waiting4emily.blogspot.com/
    Well. Go to my blog and you'll find their links located on the side. You'll have to copy/paste the blog addresses on the address bar.
    We are excited about your new little darling. The three girls adopted all w/in 3 weeks of each other last year....well, "us moms" have gotten to be really good buddies. Two were in China on overlapping times (Rina and Tracy w/their daughters Myah and Bree). I arrived as Tracy was leaving China. Boo hoo. We like to stay in close contact and want our girls to meet in the near future. I will have my little girt look at your daughter's picture to see if she remembers her at all. Emily is now 8 y/o and easily could remember her.
    My email is: vickilatham@hotmail.com

    Congratulations. I think you will find your world will change before your very eyes. The Meizhou Yahoo group is pretty inactive, BUT...there is a core group of us who stay in touch. We'd love to have you join the MZ Club since all our girls are from there and have shared the same times together.

    Have fun pouring over the blogs. I think you'll see how far these girls have come!!!

    We do understand the children are well cared for at this SWI in Meizhou. That's a blessing.

    Breathe deeply. It's quite a ride!!!!!!!!!!
    :) Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori
    I am so excited for you and the family, its going to be an amazing journey and I cant wait to meet her ya know we do share the same birthday!
    I love reading on everything keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones