Thursday, August 27, 2009

Update on Lily


We received an update today on Lily with new pictures. They shaved her poor little head! She looks like a little boy minus the dress. I was so hoping for her to have hair. I guess I can leave the pony tail holders at home! One less thing to pack. She looks happy and healthy in her pictures, I know that is most important. Her hair will grow. But how fast? LOL. I think she looks a lot like Anthony. I know that sounds funny but she has his hair cut now and her face is shaped like his. Too funny. Compare the pictures from this blog. What do you think?

Her update said she can say mom and dad in English. She can also say I love you in English. How cute is that? She is mostly potty trained, still drinks a bottle and sleeps in a small bed not a crib. We have a crib set up in her room and a queen size bed too. I am hoping she will sleep in her crib for a while. We shall see.

Seeing new pictures of her makes me even more excited. I can't wait to leave. I can't wait to hug and squeeze her!! Two weeks from tomorrow we leave. Did I mention we are GOING TO CHINA!!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe they shaved her hair just before Adoption Day, either! I think she's soooo beautiful, with or without her hair, though! Our Maia's hair has grown so much in the past 5 months, and I'm sure Lily's will, too. Her hair is so silky and fine that it's next to impossible to get a ponytail to stay in, even with her hair being longer. I bet you're over the moon with happiness for the trip!! I can't wait to see pictures of Gotcha Day and beyond:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    Have been following along...so very excited about your upcoming travels. The weather should be nice (and hot!). You will be amazed at how fast Lily's hair will grow-especially on our diet. Bree sweats so much that I can see why they kept hers so short!
    We will be praying for safe travels and sweet reunions. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR YOU TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori how awesome for you! best wishes....
    p.s. Kimberly gave me the blog address!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones