Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy, Busy

This last week has been a blur. So busy with the kids. Trying to fit in last minute summer fun, school shopping and preparing for our trip. We leave one week from today. YIKES. We are all very excited but nervous. I know the kids are nervous because they are being a little clingy. Totally fine with me, I love the extra hugs and snuggles (You don't normally get a lot of those from a 12 year old boy). I am feeling nervous about being away from them for two weeks. Its hard to leave knowing you won't be able to be there if they should need or want you. Being SO far away scares me. I know they will be just fine but once you are a mother you always worry. My sister and brother in law are coming to our house to watch them while we are gone. (Thank you Renee and Cody!!!! Couldn't have done this without you). We will Skype of course. So at least we will be able to see each other. Nervous, but can't wait for this adventure to begin.....

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, Congratulations to you and your family...what a true blessing for all of you and for Lilly Mei... I heard from Jackie Shea, who heard from Kathy Gardner. I am so happy for you.
    Best of Luck on your journey to get and finally hold your daughter...
    Margie Young South Shore Hospital NICU...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you must be "over the moon". Good Luck and God Bless as you journey to China to pick up your daughter, Lily Mei. Can't wait to read all about her. I am so happy for you and your family. Welcome home Lily Mei! Jackie Shea, SSH/NICU

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones