Sunday, February 5, 2012

Emma update....

We received new birthday pictures of Emma yesterday. Made my day when I opened the email and saw her sweet little face. We used ladybugsnlove.com for a cake to be purchased and sent for Emma's 3rd birthday on January 6th. We were starting to question if she really did get to enjoy a birthday cake because it has been 5 weeks since we requested a cake to be sent. Well, she did!


For those of you that follow my blog with few posts (bad, bad blogger), you are probably noticing that we have had a name change for our daughter. Originally we decided on Lila (after much debate). Lila has always been a favorite of mine. It was in the running but got vetoed when we were naming Lily. This time around I put my foot down and started calling her Lila as soon as we saw her precious face. Anthony started calling her Emma.....

Anthony was, lets just say, a little reluctant with the idea of adopting again. Not because we have had a bad experience with our adoption with Lily. It has been just the opposite. Her adoption has been wonderful and the transition has been easy, relatively speaking. He feels having 4 children to provide for and be financially & physically responsible for is overwhelming. I am sure most people can understand that. I certainly do. I feel it to sometimes. Loving and caring for a child that has no family outweighs those financial concerns for me though. If we have to sacrifice financially for one less orphan in the world to have a family to call their own then we should. The financial stuff will all come together somehow. I am not going to lie. There was some pleading and some promising (of financial changes) on my part before Anthony agreed to move forward with this adoption.....

Anthony has always loved the name Emma. He had mentioned the name Emma when naming Sophia & Lily. Since it was not one of my favorites it got crossed of the list. When we were reviewing Emma's file, before we had officially decided to move forward with this adoption, her American name that was assigned to her file by our adoption agency was Emma. I really didn't give it a second thought because I was convinced her name was going to be Lila. A few weeks after we decided to move forward with this adoption I was looking at a picture of Emma and it just hit me. Her name wasn't Lila. It was Emma. It didn't feel right to call her Lila. I think it was a sign from someone special up above. Her file was named Emma for a reason. Her name right away caught Anthony's eye when we were looking at her file. She was meant to be part of our family. Maybe a special someone planned it that way to soften Anthony's heart again....:) I felt this naming should be his. It was only right, it was meant to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones