Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

I spoke with Pam yesterday (Homeland Adoption Agency Executive Director). Still no news of any referrals. We are trying to wait patiently but it is very hard. Over six months of just waiting is really starting to get to us. At least with the first six months we were gathering documents, meeting with the social worker, and getting Lily/Lila's room ready. (Yes, we are undecided on her name. Or I should say I am undecided. Anthony and the kids are set on Lily but I am leaning toward Lila. I think we will make that decision when we see her pictures). We really did not expect to wait this long for a referral. Unfortunately things are changing with China adoptions. The wait times are getting longer and longer for a referral/match. With the conventional program, non special needs, the wait times are up to about 4 to 5 years. That is insane. Hopefully our wait won't be too much longer. In comparison, waiting over 6 months for a referral isn't that bad. So we just have to wait. We will wait no matter how long it takes. Hopefully it will happen before I get to old and people think I am her grandmother! LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Anthony & Lori,
    We will keep our fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it will be sooner than you think.
    Val

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones