Friday, February 27, 2009

We have a referral!!!

We are so excited!! Pam called us today with news of our daughter. I am still in shock that we finally know who our daughter is now. It is so surreal. It has been a whirlwind today since Pam's phone call. I keep looking at Lily's pictures and can't believe it is true. We have a referral!!!

She is so cute. She has the cutest little face. I can not wait to hug and squeeze her. She brings a smile to my face every time I look at her. The really hard part begins now, waiting to go get her. Hopefully this next phase of paperwork goes quickly and without any glitches. We probably will be traveling to China in early to mid summer to get her and bring her home. I never wished for time to fly so fast as I do now. She just turned two years old. I don't want anymore time to go by without her. She needs to be with her family.

5 comments:

  1. Precious! I am so thrilled for you!!!! There is one thing I can promise you--my baby girl is two years old and she still has a lot of baby left in her. I pray the time passes quickly until you can hold her in your arms. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so excited for you! She is adorable! We adopted our daughter at 23 months and she was still very much baby. She is 5 now and such a joy! Thanks for sharing your blog, I will be following your journey!
    Elaine (Homeland mommy, waiting for Ren 3 yrs old in Wuxi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! She is absolutely adorable. Look at those big eyes! I can't wait to meet her in person.

    I wonder if we'll travel together. I think we're actually a couple months behind you. May the rest of the process go quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! How wonderful! We were referred our little girl from Wuxi about 2 months after her 2nd bday...we hope to bring her home in a couple of weeks...she will be 3 the beginning of April. We originally we were "planninga' on adopting a younger child, but now we could not be more excited to adopt a toddler!!

    I hope your wait goes very quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to hear more about your new daughter. We have been waiting nearly 2 years so far in the nsn program but recently also applied for the sn program. I'd love to hear about your experience and your sweet little girl! Congrats on being matched so soon! She's adorable!
    Kelly LID 7/23/2007
    mkraudy@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones