Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update on Operation Roof Top

Love this jacket! Wish I bought another one in China for next year.


Picking up leaves. One by one.


4 days after surgery. Ariel dress up can always make a girl feel better.

Happy 12th birthday Gavin!!



I know some people have been asking round the "blog" world how Lily is doing because I haven't posted this week. Sorry, I don't know where the time has gone. Thank you for thinking of us. Well, she is doing just fine. After a few days she was back to her normal self. Amazing how resilient these youngsters are. "Operation Roof Top" (named by a dear friend) was mostly a success. I mean mostly because she has developed a fistula (hole) on part of her soft palate incision line. Totally disappointing. I was so not expecting it to happen. I knew it could happen but still wasn't expecting it. The fistula is about the size of a pencil eraser head. All things considered, her palate is greatly improved. Her cleft before was an opening all the way down her entire hard/soft palate. I guess we can now deal with a little hole. We have another appointment at Children's Hospital this Monday for Dr. Mulliken to look at it again. I spoke with the nurse at his office today. Nothing really to do for now, just wait to see what happens. It could get smaller or close on its own (not likely). Only time will tell. If it doesn't close on its own it will need to be surgically closed when she has her next surgery. Probably when she has her nose/lip revision. I will get more info on Monday......

We celebrated Gavin's 12th birthday 2 days after we got home from the hospital. We had ice cream sundaes, no cake. Lily couldn't have cake so we opted for sundaes with all the fixings. Enjoyed by all, including Lily (no fixings, just ice cream). I can't believe he is 12. Hard to believe he will be in his "teens" shortly. He is a wonderful, thoughtful, caring, polite 12 year old. He has his moments though, believe me. Like when he told me yesterday I was annoying. He was serious, not kidding around. Oh boy. He got an ear full for that one. We are so proud of him, even with his "moments". We couldn't have asked for a better son. Happy 12th birthday Gavin!! We love you. Tons.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Lily is doing well; sorry about the fistula; will pray all goes well with it. Sending birthday wishes to Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorie, I am so very happy that Lily is doing well! I am sure its disappointing about the fistula but try to celebrate the vast improvement of her palate and more than that celebrate having such a wonderfully resilient and precious child! You are so blessed! And Happy Birthday to Gavin! 12?! Almost a teenager! Oy vey! ;)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Operation Roof Top...that's a good one if I do say so myself. That little girl makes me want to get on a plane just to smooch her again. Your "youngsters" comment made me LOL. Youngsters--sounds like something my Papa would say. I'm so glad she has done so well. Happy Birthday Gavin! Don't take the annoying thing personally. Hahahahahah... remember 12 year olds think EVERYONE who isn't 12 is annoying. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones