Sunday, September 13, 2009

Delinquent, So sorry

Ok, I feel very badly I did not post last week. This last week has been CRAZY!! It was one big blur. I thought I was better prepared than I was. I thought I had everything under control. Obviously not. Something had to give and it was the blog. The kids started back to school this last week along with us preparing for China. The kids activities are in full swing. Everything added together equaled a crazy cyclone of a week. Friday a.m. came so fast. It was so very difficult to say goodbye to the kids. I was so emotional. Two years of emotions coming to the surface the day before we left was not pretty. I was a sobbing, blubbering idiot. Leaving the house Friday for the airport was extremely difficult for me. All those motherly concerns. The what ifs. Glad that day has come and gone. I still am having a few teary moments but much improved from Friday.

The flight was long but tolerable. We had a delayed layover in NJ. That sucked. We watched MANY movies and slept quite a bit once we were on the plane to Hong Kong. 15 long hours. We had an extra seat next to us which made all the difference in the world. It felt so good to finally get to Hong Kong. We were only there for 12 hours, not much sight seeing could be done. Just around the hotel area. Took the train to Guangzhou today. Not so bad. Saw a lot of poverty on the train route. Kind of depressing. I am relieved that we are finally here. Both of us are tired but in one piece. Our luggage arrived in one piece also. So very thankful for that. We met with "Gracey" today once we got here (our adoption agency guide) to go over our schedule for the next 11 days. Which leads me to this.....................WE MEET LILY TOMORROW AT 3PM!!!!!!!!!

I am in a state of shock really. I feel like this is still a dream. I can't believe all those long tedious days of paperwork and being "patient" have paid off. We ARE really going to see her tomorrow. Someone pinch me. Is this really real? It won't feel real to me until she is in my arms. I know tomorrow will be emotional for many, many reasons but I can't wait to see her cute little face in person. I pray the transition won't be too traumatic for her. I pray she likes us. I pray things go smoothly tomorrow. Please send those positive thoughts and prayers to us.

More to come tomorrow, with pictures!.........................How am I going to sleep tonight?

1 comment:

  1. Cheering you on from across the globe!!!! Can't wait to hear all about tomorrow and see some pix of Lilly!!!!!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones