Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dream Girl










Let me start by saying I am totally amazed right now. Lily is a dream girl. She is so sweet. She is so easy. I am probably jinxing myself right now. Her adjustment has gone rather smoothly. She is definitely bonding to both of us. More so to me than Anthony though. She will play with him but doesn't like him to pick her up. She follows me around everywhere. Wanting to see me all the time. She is very soft spoken, gentle and silly. We have seen many smiles and laughs. She loves her new clothes, hair accessories and especially her back pack. She will not leave without it. She has been sleeping great too. She will climb into bed during the day on her own for a nap when she is tired. She has slept in her crib every night without any difficulties. She has been eating great too. She LOVES raisins. I can't believe how little she is though. She is a peanut!! 23 pounds at 2 1/2. She has little chicken legs. Too cute. We need to fatten her up. Wait until Anthony's mom gets a hold of her. She will beef her up in no time. The food here is very good. We are not too adventurous though with ordering strange things. Playing it safe with different types of noddle dishes. Yummy.

We haven't done too much sight seeing yet. We have had many appointments. The next couple of days will be free days so we are planning to do some shopping and sight seeing. Can't wait. There was a typhoon that came up from Hong Kong. Tons of rain, winds and flooding the last couple of days. The Pearl River, across the street from the hotel we are staying at, rose up and flooded the streets. The water almost flooded the lobby of the hotel within inches. The typhoon has now passed, thank goodness. The sun is partly out today, hot and HUMID beyond belief. My hair is crazy curly. Can't wait to come home and straighten it!! I won't even bother here. The moment I would step outside it would be crazy again.

Lily had to get 4 shots today at her medical exam. 2 more scheduled for Saturday. The U.S. requires all adopted children be caught up too date on there immunizations before entering the U.S. She was not happy with all those shots, neither was I. Poor little thing. The crying was short lived though. The raisins did the trick. The power of the mighty raisin! I am praying that her TB test is negative. We need to have it read on Saturday. If it is positive she will have to have a chest xray. If that is positive for active TB, well I can't go there right now. I can not even think about that possibility. She would not be able to come home with us until she had been treated for TB. Again, don't want to go there. Send positive thoughts our way, please.

Off to go get lunch and do a little shopping. Will post again soon. Enjoy the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Sending many many positive thoughts your way!!! So thrilled for your wonderful experience in China. Your photos are too cute...love the one in the pink sweater and pink flower hair clip! She looks so pretty! And I also love the one of her sprawled out akimbo in your bed! That's when you know you are a parent... when they are blissfully sleeping while highjacking your whole bed! LOL!
    So happy for you! Cindy
    PS Give Misty a hug for me, will ya? :)
    PS2 I would kill for curly hair in humid weather. Mine turns into linguini :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your curly hair, you don't need to straighten it! --Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. good girl laid out on the bed with her legs spread for daddy

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones